This pathway is based on the recommendations section of the COVID-19 position statement: Reducing the risk of postoperative mortality due to COVID-19 in patients undergoing elective surgery
This pathway is intended to support healthcare professionals assessing patients for elective surgery, and decision making around appropriate management including:
- screening for COVID-19
- risk assessment
- decision making around if surgery should proceed
- initiating self isolation, and
- postoperative advice.
Please click on the icon below to view the pathway.
To pinch and zoom in a pathway on your desktop or laptop:
- Use the roller wheel on your mouse
- Hold down the Ctrl button and press ‘+’ to expand, or ‘– ‘ to reduce.
To move the pathway around on your desktop or laptop:
- Point and then drag with your mouse.
If using the app version use a pinch and zoom motion to navigate.
Click on the 'i' button for further information related to each box.